Wednesday, September 25, 2013

home tour pt. 1

hello, all!

With all of the changes going on in my humble home I wanted to break it down and do a home tour series. When we bought our home in 2010 it was move in ready, but, very builder basic and lacked warmth and love. Our home is my favorite place in the world, it is where I feel in my 'element', and where I can enjoy life with my boys.

Our home is mostly thrifted, diy'd and hand-me downs. I am completely ok with pizza night on the couch and toys scattered onto the floor. I want my family {and friends} to feel comfortable and welcome in here. If something ever happened to me {God forbid} I want my boys {and the hubs} to still feel my warmth and love of me surrounding them in the walls of this house.

So, without further a do welcome to the our beautiful home!

We have a super small front porch so not a lot I can do with it but I'm slowly making it more lovely!

When you walk in to the hallway. We do not have a coat closet near the front door so this hook works lovely! I thrifted this giant picture for $10.00 and the leaves were bleck so I gave them new life with some red spray paint {my favorite accessory}. The "S" is from Etsy.

I got this great console table from my parents which was my great-Grandma's. I love that I have my Nanny in my house and am honored my parents gave it to me!
 
To the right of the entryway is our 'formal dinning room' dinning room but I never enjoyed the location being sooo far from the kitchen and having to walk through the family room and eat in just to get to it so we turned it into our library/office
 
 

 

Our living room is cozy, comfy, and relaxed. I love the flexibility of this room and how it is mix of thrifted and hand-me down pieces. My family spends many nights snuggled up on the sofa {and dad in his chair} eating popcorn {okay, ice cream and cookies too--dang diet isn't going too well!} watching cartoons and enjoying each others company.

I got most of the pictures from Kohl's and Bed, Bath and Beyond many years ago. The pillows are from Target and there mantel is DIY'd and thrifted. The rug is from Kohl's too!
 
.
 
 
 
 
I hope you are feeling welcomed into my home and look forward to sharing the rest of my house with you! Look soon for the rest of the down stairs to be toured!


October before and after

No comments:

Post a Comment